Jobs at XpertScientific
While we always accept expressions of interest by qualified editors, this page highlights the subject area(s) for which we are actively seeking new editors.
Freelance Editor (part-time, home-based)
For subject areas:
- Physical/Engineering/Quantitative Sciences
- Earth/Marine/Environmenal Sciences (both physical and biological/ecological)
- (Bio-)Medical Sciences/Clinical Studies
To edit the English and grammar of academic documents (journal articles, theses, proposals, etc.) written by ESL (English as a second language) authors in the subject areas specified above.
We are looking for a part-time editor who has the capacity and flexibility to edit up to one or two manuscripts per week. The ideal candidate would have:
- science background in relevant field (PhD)
- native level of English
- proficiency in scientific writing
- keen eye for detail
- ability to work toward deadlines
- knowledge of academic journal publishing (especially the peer review process)
- previous experience in writing and editing/reviewing scientific papers
- good working knowledge of (and access to) MS Word
Expertise in statistics would be an additional asset.
Your knowledge/experience may have been gained either through postgraduate research or through working in the academic publishing industry. You should be comfortable to work on your own and possess your own office space/computer. As we are open 24/7, you may be getting editing requests any day of the week and should be able to respond in a timely manner.
Please email us your CV and a cover letter outlining:
- your relevant editing experience (please include a list of about 7-10 keywords/subject areas you feel qualified to edit), and
- your weekly time availability.
You can send them directly to our editor-in-chief at . You may also send us a sample of your own writing. Candidates may be expected to edit one manuscript as an unpaid test, depending on experience. There is no formal closing date for applications; we are seeking to fill the position(s) as soon as possible.