Jobs at XpertScientific
While we always accept expressions of interest by qualified editors, on this page we highlight the subject area(s) for which we currently have a particular demand for new editors.
Freelance Editor (part-time, home-based)
For subject areas:
- Physical/Engineering/Quantitative Sciences
- Earth/Marine/Environmenal Sciences (both physical and biological/ecological)
To edit the English and grammar of academic documents (journal articles, theses, proposals, etc.) written by ESL (English as a second language) authors in the subject areas specified above.
We are looking for a part-time editor who has the capacity and flexibility to edit up to one or two manuscripts per week. The ideal candidate would have:
- science background in relevant field (PhD)
- excellent level of English
- proficiency in scientific writing
- keen eye for detail
- ability to work toward deadlines
- knowledge of academic journal publishing (especially the peer review process)
- previous experience in writing and editing/reviewing scientific papers
- good working knowledge of (and access to) MS Word
Your knowledge/experience may have been gained either through postgraduate research, or through working in the academic publishing industry. You should be comfortable to work on your own and possess your own office space/computer. As we are open 24/7, you may be getting editing requests any day of the week and should be able to respond in a timely manner.
Please email us your CV and a cover letter, outlining your relevant editing experience and your weekly time availability. You can send them directly to our editor-in-chief at . You may may also send us a sample of your own writing. Candidates will be expected to edit one manuscript as an unpaid test. There is no formal closing date for applications; we are seeking to fill the position(s) as soon as possible.