Jobs at XpertScientific
While we always accept expressions of interest by qualified editors, this page highlights the subject area(s) for which we are actively seeking new editors.
If there are no open positions in your area you can always send us a spontaneous application.
Freelancer (oceanography/marine science) to carry out editing and other project work
8 months near full-time (~90%) and then part-time if desired.
The second half of April 2024.
To review technical documents in operational oceanography and carry out some project work (literature searches, writing of reports, etc.)
We are looking for someone who can work at close to full-time for about 8 months from ~ mid April to ~mid December 2024. The ideal candidate would have:
- Science background in oceanography (or related science) (PhD)
- Knowledge and understanding of marine remote and in-situ observation products, specifically familiarity with satellite observations and operational oceanographic systems and/or forecasting systems (especially in a European context)
- MUST BE AN EU NATIONAL or from an associated state (CH, NO, UK) (hiring condition set by our client)
- Very good level of English (C1/C2)
- Good organisational skills with an ability to manage diverse tasks efficiently and coordinate related activities
- Proficiency in scientific writing, ability to summarise documents
- Keen eye for detail
- Ability to work toward deadlines
- Previous experience in writing and editing/reviewing scientific papers (would be a plus)
- good working knowledge of (and access to) MS Word (essential)
You should be comfortable to work on your own and possess your own office space/computer.
The initial (full-time) work would be for a period of about 8 months (exact start date to be confirmed but likely in the second half of April) and tied to a specific project with a competitive remuneration. Upon completion of the project, you could continue on a part-time basis.
- Assist with the review of technical documents in oceanography.
To apply, please email the following documents to .
- a detailed CV
- a cover letter outlining your relevant experience and skills with regard to the selection criteria and tasks listed above
Applications must be received by 28 February 2024 (23:59h CET) to be considered.